Donnerstag, 26. August 2010

oh nein?! nine. nine days to go!


Here I am again.
Dear friends, runners, supporters and lovers!

It's getting serious. Our countdown on the left side needs less space. Only just one digit now: 9 (NINE!). During the last weeks the time really run, the digits ran away. Especially for me during doing nothing because of my injury. The last 10 days I used to get used again to run. The last time, on Monday, for the first time it was something like (almost) running again. But the dominating feeling now is not DEPRESSION because I couldn't run for some weeks, well, that happens, it always could be better. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing my boys next week, hopefully everybody healthy, to march with them to the starting lines. To get this GOOSEBUMPS together with 500 people. To suffer 8 days together. To reach our goal all together. Cross the Alps TOGETHER!!

I have to admit during the last runs I just have to think more and more about the up-coming race, possible emotions and so much more...
so I'm not sure in what mood I am right now? :)

Is it this wonderful tension before the competition....
the sound that landed this morning in my postbox.



or is it more this "bäm bäm bäm dä däm"-feeling during the last training runs in the woods of Bayreuth...


Still don't know. But it feels good.

You feel the tension everywhere. The internet is full of more or less nervous debutants, and even the cool old hands get more and more "let's get it started"-feeling. And everyone from all over the world meets here.

So everybody: keep on running and take care during your easy-going running units.

But sometimes, even the best are stopped by their bodies... and I'm not talking about myself. :D
I feel so sorry for Caitlin Smith, last year's winner of the GORE-TEX® Transrockies Run, she had to leave the race this year after only 2 stages. Best wishes to her.
She missed this crazy run through a lot of water. Don't know if I'm prepared for THAT...


Cheers everybody!
David

Visit my profile at Movescount


By the way... can you hear it... tic tac tic tac... Did I say it already?? - 9 days!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen